Please use the links below to download MWF PSG publications:
- Covid-19: Guidance for Metalworking Fluid Users
- UKLA HSE Good Practice Guide for Safe Handling and Disposal of Metalworking Fluids
The Good Practice Guide for the Safe Handling and Disposal of Metalworking Fluids has been produced by a panel of experts in metalworking fluids through a partnership between the United Kingdom Lubricants Association and the regulator for England & Wales, the Health & Safety Executive.
UEIL has supported and endorsed the development of this guidance through participation in the UKLA Metalworking Fluid Product Stewardship Group as part of its role to promote cooperation between associated companies in order to improve the technical knowledge and the health, safety and quality standards of the lubricants industry.
The guide references relevant health & safety law relating to Great Britain which might not be applicable in other European countries. Companies are therefore advised to check with their own national regulator concerning relevant health & safety law applicable within their own country.
- A Guide to Purchasing and Installing Machine Tools
- UKLA MWF Guidance Checklist
- UKLA PERA Best Practice Guide for the Disposal of Water-mix Metalworking Fluids
- Boric Acid and Disodium Tetraborates Guide
- Poison Centres
Fiona McGarry, HM Inspector of Health & Safety and the national lead for Metalworking Fluids, and Matt Bloomer from UKLA’s MWFPSG discuss case studies and control measures for metalworking fluids.
To comment on any of the publications click here.
Working Safely with Metalworking Fluids